Trenchless Sewer Repair: Sewer Lining Method
Trenchless sewer repair technology has created an alternative to sewer drain replacement commonly referred to as Cured-In-Place Pipe (CIPP). Lining is where a pipe is created “within the existing pipe” with special epoxy resins creating the structural strength of new pipes without damage to structures, floors, hardscape, or landscaping. The process has been in use now for over 25 years.
Benefits of Pipe Lining
- No destruction to your landscape and very little disruption of your normal routine.
- Save ~40% compared to traditional replacement methods
- Lining restores structural integrity, prevents root intrusion and increases flow capacity.
- 10 Year Warranty backed by our No Clog Guarantee™
How Does It Work?
Identify the Problem by Sewer Camera
- When you call to have us evaluate your sewer and drain lines the first thing we will do is schedule a camera. When we come to your home we will run a camera through your sewer main lines and/or kitchen/laundry lateral lines. From here the technician will be able to evaluate your needs and recommend the best solution trenchless sewer repair for your specific problem.
Clean the pipes
- Once the problem and solution are identified, the Trenchless process can begin. The first step is to clean out all roots and de-scale any calcite, etc. in order to return the pipe back to its original functioning diameter. To do this we either hydrojet the lines or use pneumatic tools. Cast pipe may require additional preparation if the pipe is badly corroded or there is a void in the pipe.
Install the liner
- Install the liner After the cleaning process is complete, the lining can begin. Based upon the solution you and your technician have decided upon, the length of pipe lining needed is cut, a custom two part epoxy is mixed and poured in to permeate the felt liner. The saturated liner is then pulled in place, the bladder is inflated and the curing begins. Once the epoxy lining has cured, the bladder is extracted, leaving a complete structural pipe within a pipe. To insure that the job has been performed perfectly, a camera is done to inspect the work and you receive a copy of this as well.
Why Choose The Pipe Lining Method?
- Prevents Root Intrusion and Stops LeaksCured-in-place epoxy lining molds to the diameter of the host pipe or creates a pipe where there are gaps, literally creating a seamless pipe within a pipe. This eliminates the possibility of future root intrusion.
- Increases FlowCured-in-place pipe actually increases flow capacity because the Trenchless pipe is smoother than old clay, cast iron, or concrete pipe. Calcification deposits will not adhere to the epoxy-lined walls; thus, flow is unimpeded, and future blockage from normal pipe use is prevented.
- No digging or destructionAbove ground there are no piles of excavated dirt, no busted hardscape to repair, and no haggling with subcontractors over repair of the damage. You can tear up your floors, lawn and more, but why would you if you didn’t have to?
- Offers the Structural Strength of New PipesThe finished product withstands every corrosive environment, as well as the test of time, thus eliminating any future need for excavation. Speedy Rooter Plumbing liner enhances the structural strength of host pipe and acts as a stand-alone pipe within a pipe, meeting or exceeding ASTM D790 Standards. The life expectancy of Speedy Rooter Plumbing liner is over 50 years.
- Cost Effective Alternative to Sewer Drain ReplacementThe Speedy Rooter Plumbing’s proven trenchless technology process has been used since 1998 to restore drain lines to better-than-new condition, without destruction of floors, walls, foundations, landscaping, driveways – or anywhere drain lines are located.
- 10 Year WarrantyWe warranty our pipe liners for 10 Years and back them with our No Clog Guarantee™. Get value for your dollar and peace of mind by getting a solution that avoids the headaches of ongoing rooter mainetenance.